Friday, March 24, 2017

Optician 
Duties and responsibilities: 
  • To design lenses 
  • Tmeasure the lenses 
  • To fit the lenses  
  • Fix lenses and frame to the right prescription of the person 
  • Make work orders 
  • Make instructions for grinding and mounting the lenses and frame of the glasses. 
  • Can reshape frame or lens 
  •  Make sure that glasses meet expectations 
  • Give recommendations to buyer/owner of glasses 
There are many other things that a optician may do. The things that are listed above are just the common things they do. 
Salary: An optician is said to earn about $34,840 dollars annually. 
Education requirements: There are no specific requirements but its good to follow the table. 
Get a high school diploma  
This takes about four years, meeting you’re A-G requirements.  
Get a associates or bachelor's degree 
The years may vary. 
On the job training  
This is usually about 2 years. 
Post secondary education 

The years may vary. 
Licensing may all depend on the state and their requirements. 
Demand or need for this profession: This job is said to grow 24% from 2014 to 2024. 
 
Reflection: I don't think that I'll like to be one because it really isn't my type of job. This job requires to help people and I like that but I want to help people in a different way. This career is very important and I understand it's purpose but it's not for me. I like something that will challenge me and also involves using creativity. Something different everyday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment