Thursday, March 2, 2017

Nursing Home Administrator 
A nursing home administrator is a person who oversees the care of patients in a nursing home. Some of their duties and responsibilities may include: 
  • Direct the nursing home 
  • Make sure that everyone is following the policies and mission of the facility 
  • Determine the needs of the staff 
  • You can also participate and be involved in the activities going on 
There are many other things that a nursing home administrator does. Listed above are just the main ones. 
Salary: The median salary as of 2015 is about $94,500. 
Education: You must be licensed, in every state this a rule. The only thing that varies is the education requirements, which are different depending on the state. It is said that you must at least obtain a Bachelor's degree in a health care career or in business although, a master's degree is preferred. After that you must pass a test and have supervised experience. 
Demand or need for this profession: This job is said to grow 17% for all medical and health services managers. 
Image 
Reflection: I think that this job would be a okay one for me because it involves taking control over a business. I like being in control and I think that I'll have great ideas to keep the nursing home going. Overall I'll be helping people and that's what I want to do when I grow up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment